Nursing Home Falls Can Lead to Broken Bones or Worse
For an elderly person, a fall can result in devastating injuries. Head trauma, broken bones and hip displacement can be life-altering or even fatal. Whether the nursing home fall is the result of staff negligence or a poorly maintained facility, our firm can help you fight for the monetary compensation you deserve.
At the office of Greene Ketchum in Huntington, West Virginia, we have more than 60 years of experience standing up for the rights of injured people and their families. We strongly believe that nursing homes should be safe and protect the residents. Our firm aggressively pursues claims when neglect or abuse has led to the injuries or death of an elderly or incapacitated individual. Contact our nursing home fall injuries lawyers today to schedule a free consultation.
Schedule a Free Consultation
Devastating nursing home falls
There are many situations that may lead to a nursing home resident falling and becoming seriously injured. The reasons for nursing home falls include:
- Failure to assist residents to the restroom
- Failure to have call buttons or properly working call buttons
- Failure to answer calls for help
- Failure to properly train staff in lifting and handling techniques
- Failure of the staff to properly supervise residents
- Failure to maintain or properly fit wheelchairs or assisted walking devices
- Wet floors
- Poor lighting
- Lack of protective bedrails
- Improper height of the bed
Injuries from falls are most often broken bones, such as a broken hip. However, other injuries can occur, including head injuries, spinal cord injuries, neck injuries, back injuries, bruises and cuts. Wrongful deaths can also result due to complications from the injuries.
Contact our huntington nursing home fall injuries attorneys
You have rights and options when dealing with nursing home injuries sustained by a loved one in a fall. Contact our lawyers.